ST. VICTOR CATHOLIC CHURCH
VOLUNTEER’S SAFETY AND COMPLIANCE INFORMATION
Volunteers are required to comply with the Diocese of San Jose’s Volunteer Requirement Policy. All volunteers must meet all of the following criteria to be allowed to volunteer. There are NO exceptions. These requirements apply to ALL volunteers on ANY parish event/activity.
1. ALL ADULT volunteers (age 18 and up) must get clearance through the
Online Background Check OR Fingerprinting
2. ALL volunteers must have an active Safe Environment Certification
3. ALL volunteers must sign the Volunteer Waiver Form
4. As part of the reopening process, all volunteers are required to complete a mandatory
COVID-19 training session. Volunteers must do the following:
· Watch the COVID-19 Volunteer Training Presentation Video
· Complete the Certificate of Completion form VOLUNTEER
ONLINE BACKGROUND CHECK / FINGERPRINT CLEARANCE
Clearance can be obtained either through the online background check or fingerprinting depending on your volunteer role. If you have have volunteered to help out in any capacity for St. Victor events, you may already be cleared through the online background check system or live scan fingerprint. You can call and check with Ali at the Parish Office (direct line: 408-928-1635).
You must obtain clearance through live scan fingerprint if you volunteer in any of the following capacity :
1. In a supervisory position, OR
2. In a financial role, OR
3. With youth or vulnerable adults without the presence of a cleared supervisor.
Fingerprint clearance is valid for life so please contact the office to check if you have already been fingerprinted through St. Victor Church or School or through the Diocese of San Jose.
You can obtain clearance through the online background check if :
1. You have not already been fingerprinted through St. Victor or the Diocese of San Jose; AND
2. You are volunteering in a non-supervisory position without youth or vulnerable adults present OR
You are volunteering under the supervision of a fingerprinted supervisor.
Online background clearance can be done at https://bit.ly/svclearance. Select 236 St. Victor Parish to get clearance for St. Victor Parish.
Fingerprint clearance is done through a company called Verify Group. They are located at : 262 E. Hamilton Ave, Campbell, CA. Their phone number is. You can book an appointment online at https://verifygroup.com/ or call 408-761-2156.
SAFE ENVIRONMENT INFORMATION
Please visit the Diocesan website on how you can obtain your Safe Environment Certificate at
https://www.dsj.org/protecting-gods-children/ . This link provides information on the required online class for adults and teens as well as the schedule of Live Safe Environment class. Adults take the “Protecting God's Children® for Adults” or “Protecting God's Children Maltreatment 3.2 & Vulnerable Adults Combined”. Teens take the “Healthy Relationships for Teens” course.
After you have received your certification, it is important to give a copy to Ali at the Parish Office or email to email@example.com for record keeping.
VOLUNTEER WAIVER FORM
All volunteers must complete and sign the Volunteer Waiver Form. Volunteers under 18 must have the Volunteer Waiver Form signed by a parent.
Waiver forms can be downloaded here: