Altar Servers assist the priests during the Mass everyday and for funerals, weddings and other special liturgies. Membership is taken from the children of the parish starting at grade 4 through grade 12. These students are trained in a manner that reflects the proper etiquette for church, emphasizing reverence and respect. Training is available in late summer or in early fall.
Requirements for Altar Servers:
1. Student must be entering at least 4th grade in fall. Grades 4-12 are eligible.
2. Child must have all sacraments up to date. (Baptism & 1st Communion)
3. Child must be able to tie laces.
4. Each server signs a contract every year agreeing to fulfill his/her commitment.
5. All servers are expected to get a substitute for Masses they cannot serve.
6. A server helps at special liturgies such as funerals and weddings.
7. Servers are expected to know the responses and say them at Mass.
8. Attendance at a server’s scheduled Mass is expected in a timely manner arriving early.
9. A server is an extension of the community & willing to volunteer time to serve God as a minister at the altar.
For more information, please contact the Parish Office.